8 days ago
We are aware of the announcement by Governor Pritzker yesterday regarding youth sports and the added restrictions. The IYSA has reached out to the IL Dept. of Public Health for additional information. We are awaiting that response, the outcome from the IYSA board meeting this weekend, and feedback from our clubs before any final decision is made regarding the Fall soccer season.
In the mean time we are encouraging our clubs to register their fall teams so that we can still seed the teams as planned. The thought process behind this is to have all teams registered and seeded for a Fall season, whatever form it might take and whenever it might start. Then if things change and open up for play, we can quickly create a schedule and begin games taking advantage of whatever season is allowed us.
Many of you have asked about payment as you are concerned about the Non-Refundable Deposit and what happens to it if the season is cancelled. Right now if you have already mailed in payment we will just hold that payment until a final season determination is made. If it is cancelled the payment will be returned. If the season is a go then the payment will be deposited. For those of you that have not yet made your payment you can still mail them in if you prefer or you can hold off and payment will not be required until it is determined if there will be a fall season.
If you feel strongly and want to voice your opinion to Governor Pritzker whether for or against his restrictions please reach out via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Or you can use the link Voice an Opinion.
14 days ago